Sunday, January 2, 2011

Back from the dead

So after an incredibly long hiatus, I'm back!  Hopefully with months and months of content to keep me going without "going dark" again for quite some time.

First of all, Happy Damn New Year!

Second, I'm either sick, or my allergies have exploded, so my posting today will be brief.


Now, in  2010 I attended GenCon in Indianapolis and had a pretty good time.  I got to play a number of really fun boardgames, card games, and a few DnD modules.  A fun time was had by all.

Three games specifically came home from the 'Con with me: Rowboat (a card game similar to playing Spades), Bump in the Night (where you play as the ghosts/monsters haunting a house and your goal is to kill the children), and Telesrations (a combination of the telephone game and Pictionary).

All of these are so fun to play, but Telestrations takes the cake as far as party games go. 

In the past few months, I've enjoyed some more DnD products.  Namely DnD Dark Sun which I play tested at the DnD Worldwide Gameday.  Dark Sun is bad-ass.  It must be played.  MUST. BE. PLAYED.

Now a quick aside concerning DnD; about two months ago I was invited to play in a mid-level DnD campaign with some...folks...I know.  Anonymity, I maintain it.  Unfortunately, this game lacked anything resembling a plot.  All it was, was a series of one large combat after another.  Which is fine if you're wanting to see what your class can do at higher levels, but I love storyline.  So I've elected to withdraw from that particular game. 

In a few weeks I'll look to start up a CthulhuTech game; we'll see how it all goes down.  Details to come.

Need more meds and a hot shower.

-Bonzo out.

No comments:

Post a Comment