Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Problem Player Redux

It took a week, but my problem player finally got back to me.  And I got this incredibly long email wherein he essentially calls me a liar about trying to contact him, and that since I must be lying that I must allow him back into my game.

Sometimes I just feel like beating my head into a wall.  I've sent him two emails since, each explaining and reexplaining that my decision as GM is not personal - its not an attack on him - but that its also final.  He says he didn't get my eamils/calls.  He says I never sent them.  I say I do.  I can't explain why he never got them. So its a pissing contest of "He Said, He Said".  Whether he got them or not, it doesn't change the fact that I've tried to contact him for about three months.  It doesn't change the fact that I've gotten tired of his non-communication.  It doesn't change the fact that he hasn't made any attempts to get himself to the game despite all of the online notifications for my game that all my players have.

At this point I'm done with him.  He's turned what was a slightly complicated situation and turned it into a full blown FUBAR.

1 comment:

  1. The wall effect is a bear to work with. So many times people don't realize how they are behaving and how that behavior impacts others. Especially in a social gaming setting.
    I feel for you. I've been there and it ain't fun. Plus, I'm a big chicken when it comes to these things. I try to play the adult and it always turns into some kind of school yard fight. "Yo' mama is so fat..."
    Stick to your guns, and if need be pull in a key witness or third party to help mediate these things.

    ReplyDelete